Posts

Monday, January 27, 2014

Ton Tiki

Normally I love watching foreign films (something my roommates are constantly making fun of me for).  I feel like you have to stay constantly engaged in a foreign film because you have to read the subtitles, pay attention to the different cultural social cues, ect.  Also I like that foreign films stray from the typical cookie cutter mold of American movies.  For those reasons I liked Ton Tiki.  But I will admit that I did not find the overall plot of the movie that interesting.  The main thing that separated this foreign film from any an American I felt were the cultural values that were shown.
I felt like the overall theme of the movie was the journey of chasing you dreams.  Behind the ship I placed a circle cut into two that symbolizes because they were constantly heading towards the sun.  Within in each half circle I put a map of the Polynesian islands and of South America to show the beginning and ending of the journey.

4 comments:

  1. KT, this is wonderful. I like how you have combined multiple elements and ideas into one, cohesive poster. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of your poster, it's also compelling. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that it was eye catching. I had to sit there and look at the elements individually. So I spent more time with your poster than some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy how the globe is "old map style" and how it is split up. I think it was a creative idea to do this.

    ReplyDelete