Posts

Monday, January 27, 2014

KON TIKI

I felt like the underlying theme of this movie was that in the end we gained so much with the expedition and he was able to conquer and accomplish a huge milestone but he ended up losing the thing that should have been most important in his life. At the end of the film, I don't remember the quote exactly but in his wifes letter she said that this voyage for him was never about proving his scientific hypotheses right and that what brought them together drove them apart. He couldn't escape who he was and in the end to me she made it seem that he had lost more than he had gained. 


3 comments:

  1. I found that whole relationship thing with his wife interesting. It never really told us what happened there, but I liked how it kept us wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not crazy about the font and all the text. I agree with Brad though. Playing with the husband wife relationship for the poster is interesting. Maybe if it showed her crying and him off on his adventure the poster could tell more of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might be a little heavy on the text. I do feel like there is a sense of balance within this poster though

    ReplyDelete