Posts

Sunday, January 26, 2014

International Film

This wasn't the first time I've watched foreign films, and I really liked this movie. I felt like it was focused on the main story but left room for the viewer to interpret the internal dialogue of the characters. Generally, it seems like american movies have to spell everything out via narrator or images, international cinema is better at letting people think for themselves. I felt the cuts were longer than american film too. One thing I felt was great creativity was the ability to use visuals to tell the story over dialogue and narration. I felt as much as a rush watching intense scenes in Kon Tiki as I would watching some action flick. Since film is a visual medium, it was perfect execution of using visuals to illustrate the scene.

1 comment:

  1. I like your use of overlapping images. This, to me, signifies the multiple themes or important parts of the movie. Well done!

    ReplyDelete