Posts

Sunday, January 12, 2014


Monika Bravo: Landscape of Belief: Christian McOmber

I am not going to lie, I was surprised at how cool this piece was.  There were so many things in this piece that were cool and symbolic, but to me, the most creative aspect of this work of art is that everything is made from words.  From far away the animation looks almost like a 3D blueprint, but up close you realize that the animation is made from words.  More than just catching your attention I feel like making everything out of words captures the essence of what Monika was trying to share with the world through her art.

        I feel like making everything out of words is likely to be a symbol of how everything around us, architecture, art, and anything else manmade was made based on the thoughts of their creators.  I think that the author came up with this idea by looking at life around her and imagining all of the work and thought that was put into each detail of our complicated and beautiful surroundings.  When we look at the modern world as something that has been created by those before us, we gain the desire to follow in their footsteps and contribute to the world by maximizing our potential and creating new beauty.  When I look at this work of art, it reminds me that life is full of potential and there are so many thoughts and dreams that will change the landscape we call reality.  I believe all of us have the potential to maximize our talents and imagine beautiful things so that they may one day be.  I am sure Monika has many meanings in this masterpiece, but to me it represents the thoughts and dreams that have created the world in which we live.  This work communicates to me that life can be our “Landscape of Belief,” when we believe.      

3 comments:

  1. I love what you said about the words making up the piece. Everything around us it made up of others 'words' and ideas or concepts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you aren't lying to us about how you were surprised at the coolness of the piece haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your interpretation of the reason for using words to create the images in the piece. It would be interesting to know if the letters say anything or if the string of letters tell a story!

    ReplyDelete