Posts

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Million Dollar Save Me- Ariana Keith

Growing up in a house full of girls we never really wrestled and were not exactly the “rough and tough” family. So the past few years I have always wanted to do a kickboxing class. I’ve always been sort of afraid to go though because I didn’t want to be perceived as a wimp. So finally I decided to sign up for three classes with a friend and we went to these kickboxing classes in Draper. Now, I hit the gym a couple times a week so I wouldn’t say I’m out of shape- neither is my friend out of shape. As we hit the 15 minute mark into our first class I swear there was a look of pure hatred in my friend’s eyes as she said with venom in her voice, “I hate you.” It was a little scary at the time, and quite frankly I hated myself for going because all at once I wanted to vomit, faint, and crumble into a heap on the ground. It was probably one of the hardest workouts I’ve ever done. I felt super accomplished afterwards though and the hard core teacher even made everyone do a little applause for the new beginners(which was pretty much my friend and I). Now I have these awesome hot pink boxing gloves to keep and two more classes to endure. It’s looking like it might not be a lifelong hobby….but who knows how I’ll feel after the third class. Trying something new never felt so......good? Painful? 
Note: This was my eager beaver "before" picture. I don't think either of us had the strength in our arms to do an "after" photo. 

4 comments:

  1. This was a great idea. I remember watching a Bruce Lee movie and wanting so badly to sign up for Tae Kwon Do, but I never did. Who knows? Maybe you'll find the second and third classes a little easier and more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try this too! Was it worth it? I might check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was proud of you in class that you said you were going to finish the other two classes when technically you don't have to. Way to go the extra mile and follow through to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being raised in a family of five other boys, I am pretty impressed that you took this on. I think it would be more than a little intimidating for me. Good for you to tackle such a difficult challenge.

    ReplyDelete