Posts

Monday, January 20, 2014

Ice Skating Au Natural

Do something you've always wanted to do? Well ok!
I had originally planned on writing this post about my first fly fishing experience, but this one is much cooler and the pictures turned out better anyway..
So my family and I went fly fishing on the Provo River. We took a detour on the way home at Deer Creek Reservoir. It was completely frozen over and smooth as glass. We couldn't pass up the opportunity to do a little ice skating. Without actual ice skates. It was fun, until the ice started cracking and we all ran off the ice screaming like little girls.
Our class readings talked about how amazing things can happen when you think like a child. Well, I certainly felt like a child doing this. I felt like a young George Bailey out on the ice, only my brother didn't fall through and I didn't have to suffer partial hearing loss from rescuing him. 

4 comments:

  1. When I saw your title, I thought you were saying you had gone skating naked, which I thought was very, VERY courageous of you. What you actually meant is cool, too. When I lived in Wisconsin there was a lake right behind my apartment that they plowed to make a natural ice skating rink, and the times I spent on it playing ice frisbee are still some of my fondest memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should have gotten actual ice skates and skated on the ice. Now that is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that! I have always wanted to go fly fishing and now I just might have to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be constantly scared of the ice breaking from underneath me. I actually drove up to deer creek earlier today and it still has chunks of ice floating in it, but very liquid. So it's great that you got the chance to do it before it thawed out this week!

    ReplyDelete