Posts

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kon Tiki- Kirsten Hansen


I was a little weary of the Norwegian film Kon Tiki, to be very honest. It ended up being fantastic. I loved it. I loved the way it was filmed and I loved the casting of it. I thought it was an interesting way to show a not super interesting concept. Like really, it was about guys floating across the ocean for 100 days...But they made it good! 
It was different from American films because of the costuming I think. American films probably wouldn't have the actors running around in whitey tighties on a boat. Also, an American film would not probably show a shark being savagely tortured. We have different filters that foreign films don't have. 
All in all I thought it was a really great movie and I thought it was a really cool assignment.


3 comments:

  1. The shark getting stabbed was probably one of the coolest moments in the whole film... and the costuming is definitely more open than the american norm... but i think it was more real

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I was not too excited to watch a movie about a couple of guys drifting about at sea. The movie exceeded my expectations though. I think its very interesting how everyone is noticing different things about how the film was different from an American film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this poster and also agree with the things you've said. I really enjoyed the casting choices. I've always been a bit of an acting critic and felt that Thor stole the movie with his realist way of portraying his character.

    ReplyDelete