Posts

Monday, January 27, 2014

foreign film



           As the film began, I had mixed feelings. Because I knew that it had won awards, I assumed that it would be well made and of quality. But, on the other hand, to be completely honest, I was not captivated from the very beginning. I am glad, however, that I stuck it out. I grew to appreciate the film as it went on. My connection with the main character and narrater grew stronger and this enabled me to enjoy the film more. 
        This film greatly differed from the typical American film in the overall feel of the film. The beautifully shot ocean scenes coupled with the narrator's specific point of view really spoke to the values and nature of the different culture. I loved being able to catch a glimpse into the Scandinavian culture.

3 comments:

  1. I love your font choice and layout in your poster! Good use of negative space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you not only used a literal wave picture but then you created it with the shape of the dividing line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the black and white. Sometimes for movie posters we feel the need to add color. But sometimes things stand on their own in black and white

    ReplyDelete