Posts

Sunday, February 9, 2014

This Means War- Ariana Keith

This Means War
 Verse 1
Olympics are my favourite time all year
But little did I know
That I would soon shed tears
I always watched them growing up
Holding my Canadian cup
This is just how I thought things should beeee.

CHORUS
This means war
give me bat to hit the flooor
My house is in turmoil
I married an American.

Verse 2
I thought our marriage was going pretty swell
But when our teams compete
Our manners say farewell
The medal count is all we say
Canadian or USA
This is not how I thought things would beeee.

CHORUS.

Verse 3 
Olympics will never ever be the same
Our native bloods runs strong
I guess we're both to blame
Two weeks will go by so fast
Enjoy our rivalry while it lasts
I guess this is just how things are going to beeee. 

CHORUS. 
END OF SONG.


Song writing is HARD. I'm not super musically inclined. Also, this song is a bit of an exaggeration. We have some good friendly competition in this apartment  but it was fun to bring it to an extreme in the song. I learned that music writing is as fun as you make it to be. You should write about stuff that you are inspired to write about. I would never write a song about how to luge because I don't know a thing about luging. So I think it's a fun outlet. I stretched myself by making a tune to my song and then recording it on my phone. I can't wait to listen to that gem in a year or so. I then realized that my song it a mixture of Love Story by T-Swift and Wonderwall. Super weird. I had a lot of fun with this song and I love laughing at the new experiences in life.  

3 comments:

  1. Haha. This song made me laugh. Like most songs written you tapped into a personal story. I'm sure this helps the creativity to flow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I laughed at this too, love it! Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I...don't know where I've been this last month of the semester. You're CANADIAN?! How didn't I know this?? Haha, but it did make me laugh as well.

    ReplyDelete