Posts

Sunday, February 9, 2014

"Song about Glove" - Greg Taylor

(First Verse)

Your tight embrace,

your warming grace,
I love to press you,
to my face.

The snow reminds me,

of our closeness.
Your soothing rescue,
I value most-ess.

(Chorus)


This songs about glo-ve, glo-ve.

We all need glo-ve, glo-ve.

(Second Verse)


When the elements rage, 

my hand grows lonely.
For companionship,
I do implore thee.

No matter the occasion,

I want you with me.
When we go out,
you fit perfect-ly.

This songs about glo-ve, glo-ve.

We all need glo-ve, glo-ve.

(Third Verse)


One winter day,

I thought I'd lost you.
I cried knowing not,
where you had gone too.

When you were found, 

we did embrace.
You clenched my hand,
your rightful place.

This songs about glo-ve, glo-ve.

We all need glo-ve, glo-ve.

(End)


Well first I discovered the endless canvas we have to create. When asked to write a song the possibilities were endless. I really didn't even know where to begin. Similar to most creative projects, there will be given some direction or destination for the creativity to go. The ways for someone to arrive there is endless! For this creative task the only direction was to write a song. Once I chose the theme it was really just a word game, looking for connecting words.  I used emotions related to my topic, and categories to rhyme together my thoughts. For my song I tried to create a double meaning. While at first someone hearing this song should think it is a love song. It's not until they hear the soft G before the word love that they discover it's the relationship someone has with a glove. 

5 comments:

  1. love it! I wish I could hear what all of these songs sound like. I was pronouncing glove like glow-vee in my head the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha great subtlety... I like the perspective change on such a common theme. Nice and punny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I like that you took such a simple concept and wrote this clever and funny song from it. Just like Cami said, I wish I could hear all of these songs too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! I love that you wrote a song about the most average thing in the world and it's something i'd be so curious to listen to! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cool play on words! So corny but one of those songs everyone would be humming and it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete