Posts

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Fortune cookie's and chopsticks

Pan Kee Mow. I really love Asian food and it was an Asian weekend! I mean CHINESE NEW YEAR! My mom lived in Hong Kong for a few years in her early 20's and it's always been a tradition to celebrate Chinese New Year. I really have no reason for telling this because I didn't try anything new at our Chinese New Year dinner. But it's the year of the horse (and that's my year) so I had to comment!

HOWEVER, I did try something new at another Asian restaurant this weekend. A Thai restaurant. So Pan Kee Mow is a spicy noodle dish. I typically love spicy curry's so I wanted to try a new dish but keep the "kick". It turned out to be super good..and healthy.

What did you learn from this experience? 
I like noodles! Unfortunately I stuck with a flavor that I knew I already liked. But it's fun to switch around what I pick on restaurant menus. 

What does the answer to the previous question say about you? 
I think that I'm not afraid, at least, to try something new and not stick to what I like every time. Sometimes I think that I'm wasting money if I try something new but I think I'll change that now. 

Have you changed in any way?
I've changed my mind about "wasting my money" on items that I've never tried before. 

2 comments:

  1. Good going mate! Sounds like a great dish. I'm like you, sometimes scared to be adventurous. One time all my friends went out to try Phu Noodle! It looked kinda gross to me so I went with the Orange Chicken. As the night progressed everyone was wanting to eat my orange chicken because it's always the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the money spending aspect. It can be hard to try something new that's a little more expensive for many reasons. What if you don't like it? What if was a waste? Taking your advice though, even if you don't like it at least you gained some new experiences from it.

    ReplyDelete