Posts

Monday, February 17, 2014

Spray Paint and Stencils - Camille Holley

This was super fun for me. I felt pretty cool doing this because I was using spray paint and I felt a bit like a vandal which was fun. I'm not a very good artist at all, especially when it comes to painting. I decided to use some other skills that I have. I took a picture of myself and processed it in PS so it was like two-toned. Then I printed it out, taped it over a poster board and cut it out to make a stencil. I then spray painted the stencil on another piece of poster board. I was impressed at how well it turned out since I didn't use any adhesive or anything, I thought it would bleed a bunch. I basically chose myself as subject matter because I was home alone and there was nobody else to model for me! My roommate wants me to make one of her though so: next time.

4 comments:

  1. I was trying to think of different mediums to paint with and spray painting didn't even come to mind. I really like your method of circumventing your under-developed artistic abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much. It's so cool! The spray paint adds a really cool texture and look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you make this into a business or something? Make me one? I love the amount of detail in the final outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to do a piece in spray paint all semester. It sounds like so much fun! I think your piece turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete