Posts

Monday, February 17, 2014

Painting - Allie Sullivan


I bought this tiny canvas and easel at a craft store over a year ago but haven't done anything with it. I figured this assignment would be the perfect opportunity to finally paint it. The quarter is there for size comparison.

How did you feel as you were doing this project? 

It was relaxing. I turned on an episode of Welcome to Nightvale and just listened while I painted. I decided not to try to paint anything specific. I just picked a color, painted for a bit, picked another color, painted for a bit, over and over until I felt that I was done. I'm the kind of person who really doesn't like to improvise, I like to have an exact plan or outline before I get started on something. But it was nice and stress-free to just skip all the planning and just paint. 

How did you choose the subject matter of your painting?

Like I said, I usually put a lot of planning and forethought into anything I do but that gets exhausting. So for this, I decided to just start painting and see where it took me. I decided I just wanted to explore with colors and not with concrete objects or images.


3 comments:

  1. I really like your painting. The colors are really soft, subdued, and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of bird feathers. I love how blended the colors are and how subtle the colors turn into each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of watching something on tv or listening to something while we paint. It can influence our emotions and how we paint a picture.

    ReplyDelete