Posts

Sunday, February 9, 2014

As The Crickets Play - Justyne Willets

I decided to do a youtube link for this.  I thought it would be easier to listen to.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R_sEofVWrc&feature=youtu.be

What did you learn from this creative exercise?

  This was so much fun! I write music just for fun and have a Facebook page for it so I was really excited for this assignment.  Well, it was fun it was also very difficult.  I've never written a song and recorded it on a deadline. ( Also, that's why this recording is a little rough.)  It was fun to experiment though with a different style of song writing than I usually do. I feel this pushed me out of my comfort zone in a new style and faster than usual.

What creative muscles were most used?

The creative muscle that I used the most was trying to come up with lyrics.  I've had an idea of what I wanted my song to be about but it was mostly in the arranging of it and finding the right words that I had to work on.  I also used the musicality creativity muscle, for lack of a better word, because when I write lyrics, I have to write it at the same time I come up with the music.  That's how I get the lyrics to flow.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice job on not only writing this song but composing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed that you wrote, composed AND recorded this! I would never have the courage to record my song for everyone to hear. Also its an awesome song. Good job!

    ReplyDelete