Posts

Monday, February 3, 2014

Korean (Sea Creature) Pizza- Ariana Keith

My family travels a lot so I've gotten to eat a lot of different native foods. I really wanted to try something I've NEVER tried before so I scoured the menus on the internet for something that I have never tasted before. I've really been into sea food lately so while looking up the Spicy Corea menu I saw "HaeMoolPaJun" which means "Korean Pizza." I then went on to read what consisted of this Korean Pizza and it read, "a mixture of clams, squid, imitation crab, octopus, shrimp, and green onions." Yep. This was something I had never tried before. I really didn't have a strong desire to try it either but I figured these rut assignments were trying to push our limits. I learned that I don't love Korean Pizza but when I'm really hungry I will eat the entire thing. I've learned over the past few years that food is food and when you're hungry enough, it is something that fills the stomach. I don't know exactly if I've changed in any way but I owe it all to my parents over the years for exposing me to far fetched foods and telling me their coined phrase, "Well that's all there is, so I guess you'll go hungry." I don't like to be hungry. So eating and trying new things fills the stomach.
 Also- my mouth felt like the creatures of the sea were living there for hours!!! It took me brushing my teeth and mouth rinsing like three times before my mouth tasted like a LITTLE less than the sea. Not my favourite dish. But I ate it all.  

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you tried it! I can't eat any type of seafood so kudos to you especially for eating all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had squid before but it was deep fried. Tastes much better that way. But I have to admit that pizza sounds and looks awful. Props for trying it let alone eating all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also impressed that you ate that. Your description in class made it sound really unappetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! So proud of you for this. I don't think I could do it. You're adventurous and that's a great quality

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely win most exotic dish! Although I have tried everything separately in that dish I am not sure how I feel about it all combined.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your description makes it sound terrible! It didn't look so bad in the picture... maybe I will try one and see...

    ReplyDelete