Posts

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Splatter Paint – Blake Lewis

I tried to re-create a painting by a designer that I really like. It didn't really turn out how I wanted which is sad.. I loved doing it though! It doesn't take much skill to throw paint like I did on a canvas but it's somewhat relieving to slap some paint on a canvas so that was nice. I felt like I was playing with an art tool that I don't play with much. I wanted to do this particular painting because my computer screen saver is actually the painting I tried to re-create, so I see it everyday. Here it is

3 comments:

  1. I like this one! I image it was probably pretty fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think splatter painting is one of the funnest and coolest forms of art. I think your color choice is interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think re-creating a splatter piece would be extremely difficult because you don't have as much control over the medium. Cool idea.

    ReplyDelete