Posts

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

      Think gorgeous, like movie star pretty, that is the girl I have been dying to talk to but never got the guts to do it.  However, after the inspiration I have been getting from this class to try different things, get new experiences, and partially because of this assignment, I decided to go talk to her.  As I got closer to where she was my heart was pounding, thoughts were jumping into my head like, "Maybe I should wait a little longer."  "What is she going to think?," "This is so silly, I don't even know her, I just see her when I go to the gym."  But before I knew it I was right in front of her and she looked up at me.  I was nervous, but I knew if I didn't say anything I wouldn't forgive myself, and it would be terribly awkward because she is already looking at me.  But all I managed to say was, "Hey, you probably get this a lot, but you are gorgeous!"
      Yeah, it wasn't the coolest thing I've ever said, but at least it planted a seed.  She said, "Wow, that is so sweet!"  I don't know what that means about me, but I guess that could have been way worse.  I will probably just say hi to her from now on and let her make the next move.  Ladies, do you have any advice?  

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I asked a girl out just a few days before our assignment, and this was a girl I had been terrified to ask out for almost a whole year now. Your interaction went much smoother than mine, though, I got a pretty solid, "No." So, all things considered, you probably don't want any of my advice. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to you! I can't imagine how nerve wracking it must be for guys to ask girls out. As for the advice, I would say keep trying to talk to her. What do you have to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether it goes somewhere or not, you totally made her entire day! Unless she is pretty into herself and conceited...but either way keep complimenting girls! It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha... I've found that girls usually don't mind guys being completely--almost awkwardly--honest. Depending on the situation sometimes they think it's cute. I never would have had the guts to do what you did to a complete stranger though, so take my comment with a grain of salt. Good on you though!

    ReplyDelete