Posts

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Kon-Tiki – Blake Lewis

            
            I thought it was a super interesting film. International films are interesting because they typically tell a story of something North Americans haven’t heard much about. They typically open us to cultures that we haven’t interacted much with or don’t know much about. I love Scandinavian countries especially so I was really intrigued by this story of mostly Norwegian/Swedish guys.  

            I came out of the film feeling like I can “make my dreams come true”. So the waves that I made with the pictures from the film was to sort of create an “exploration” theme. Thor was faced with a lot of people telling him not to explore and prove his theory correct (I mean even his wife and kids…which…I don’t know which I’d choose given those two) but knew he wanted to complete his dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Nice! Exploring and dreaming almost always lead to some disappointment which can cause some to question themselves or think that their exploring is directionally wrong or that their dreams are foolish. Working to be excellent at anything takes extraordinary effort and goal/dreams that are worth shooting for. Don't ever let setbacks or other people stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your poster! The combination of the different photos is so interesting to me and very unique. I definitely think you captured the theme of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POSTER SO MUCH! I think you did a great job of combining good visuals with the feeling the movie created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go Blakey! You took a very creative-never been done before-approach to making a movie poster and it really works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is great. I love that you used images from the film to form a wave. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete