Posts

Monday, January 27, 2014

Kon-Tiki - Justyne Willets


This movie was really interesting.  I'll be honest, it was not my favorite film mainly because I don't like movies that are mostly at sea.  It's not the best reason but there you go.  It was a very inspiring film though and a good experience to watch it.

There were a few differences I noticed between the "typical American movie" and Kon-Tiki.  There was hardly any violence, expect for the stabbing of the shark.  There was hardly any swearing, if there was any at all.  I think the biggest difference that I noticed though was the focus on the cinematography and nature.  There was some very beautiful shots of the ocean, the stars, the moon, and so on.  This was a good movie and it was insightful to watch.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that the cinematography was beautiful. I like how your poster says "6 men, 5,000 miles, the adventure of a life time". I think this sums the film up very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you have a tag line on yours and it was a very well thought out one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is a lot to be said about out your tagline. I like the picture that it paints, though the last line is a bit cliche I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you could do without "the adventure of a lifetime" and still tell your story with just "6 men, 5000 miles"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree with Lance. Less is more. I think that you could also even take Thor out of the poster and it would still be strong.

    ReplyDelete