Posts

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

From Piano & Paper to Social Media - Justyne Willets

I write music and I have for most of my life.  I don't consider myself particularly good at it but I have always wanted to share it.  However, I have been super scared to do it.  I've recorded myself singing covers of other songs and even some improvised piano accompaniment to other vocal pieces and share them on Facebook. However, I have never been able to share my own original work.

For my rut assignment, I finally recorded one of my original pieces with original words and accompaniment and posted it to Facebook.  This was so scary and for the first half hour after I had posted it, I was constantly checking to see what people thought of it.  There have only been a handful of people that have liked it and only one who has commented on it.  Despite what others think of my piece, this assignment helped me start to break through my fear of sharing the talents I have for fear of criticism.

1 comment: