Posts

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

a trip to the golden state

By the time January rolls around, I am very ready for the tundra-like weather to be gone. I love when it snows around Christmas time, but firmly believe that after we ring in the new year, spring should come. With that said, every year around this time I always want to pick up and go somewhere warm. I distinctly remember saying to my mom when I was little, "let's just go to California for the weekend". Sadly, however, she would always bring me back to reality and remind me of our obligations by saying something along the lines of, "We can't, we have _______ to do this weekend." This year, when my over-the-winter feelings came, I decided I was going to roll with it. This past weekend, some friends and I picked up and went to Southern California. We made the trip arrangements on Thursday and were in SoCal by Saturday. I am a very spontaneous person, but I have never done something like this before and have always wanted to do so. Not only did I get the warmth that I desired, but I also got to feel like I finally fled the cold on a whim. It was very liberating, to say the least. Upon returning home, I realized that I can channel my spontinaity in healthy ways such as trying new things (like traveling to new lands), and that was an excellent realization for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment