Posts

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The drive

I have always wanted to just get in my car and drive until I just feel like stopping. I haven't really been able to ever do this and I've always been a little bit afraid of it, since cars and weather can fail a girl.
I had kind of a carpe diem moment of sorts Friday around 1 and I jumped in my car with a duffle bag and headed north. The only time I stopped before my final destination (the plus side of having a little car with good gas milage) was right across the border in Idaho when I got pulled over by a police man. Maybe I was going 95 and maybe he ticketed me. Also maybe I asked him if he enjoyed ruining a young girls dream drive...He didn't laugh. Oops.
Anyways, I drove all the way until I reached Boise (it was pretty dark) and I actually have a good family friend that lives there, so it worked out really well to stop there! I stayed with her for the weekend and then drove back to Provo Monday (no ticket experience on the way home).
This experience opened my eyes to an area of the country I have never been before, it opened my eyes to traffic traps and to just doing something, like a drive, just to do it! Also, now I'm really not afraid to face the open road on my own, so thats a plus!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, 95 miles per hour!! Dang girl, you were booking it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you did that! It sounds like so much fun. Driving just to drive is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I did something similar and LOVED it. I have never been to Idaho before so you may have just inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if being pulled over would be categorized as "fun". That would have most likely ruined my experience. Way to stay positive though. I know I always wanted to break 100 on the freeway, and I did it a couple times, but I was always super nervous because I was on my parents' insurance and they would literally KILL me if I got pulled over.

    ReplyDelete