Posts

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

High Bouncy Boards

Standing on the edge of a diving board that is twenty feet in the air is quite intimidating for me. I didn't grow up doing extreme sports, backflips, hanging-looses or stuff like that so height scares me a little bit. It's not till recently that I've really desired to face some of that and be a little more spontaneous, because I think it's good for me. This time around I decided to do a high dive.

Now I've jumped off cliffs into water, but there's something about going head first that just freaks me out. I tried it once at some cliffs and half way down my body flipped out and I ended up with my back as the first body part to hit the water. I went to a pool this Saturday and tried first getting some good bounces and then going head first into the water off the normal diving board, but I couldn't do it. I finally asked a lifeguard if he had any suggestions, and he did. I followed his instructions and was able to dive multiple times from the high dive! 

People ask me how I did it and I just say, "you can too!" 
No, but it really felt great. And satisfying. 

2 comments:

  1. I am deathly afraid of diving head first. I feel like if I do it my neck will end up breaking. It probably required a lot of bravery on your part to do something like that. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the very first time I dove head first. It was terrifying and took a lot of talking into. way to go Blake!

    ReplyDelete