Posts

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Kon-Tiki Adventure- Aaron Johnson


I really enjoyed my time watching a foreign film. I, like I feel many Americans do, went into it expecting the film quality of 1970's Hollywood. I know that it is an incorrect assumption, but I suppose it is just my cynical nature to assume the worst. So, obviously, I was pleasantly surprised. I was most impressed with the cinematography, and I thought the color was especially rich and beautiful for pretty much only being orange and blue.

I don't feel like my experience was much different than it is with a typical American film. I would say it had a stronger sense of the 'Feel-Goods' than I am used to in American films, but that might be more reflective on my choice in movies. I was not disappointed at all, and the familiarity I felt with the film may be a good thing because it has opened my mind to watching more foreign films in the future.

2 comments:

  1. That was interesting, to put the Kon-Tiki mask in the sunset, after all, that image was a common symbol in the movie that almost seemed to represent the "Spirit of Kon-Tiki" who accompanied them on their journey, and a constant reminder of Thor's belief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty poster! I'm digging the font and tiki face combo!

    ReplyDelete