Posts

Monday, February 25, 2013

Rut #6 -- Jacqueline Usterud

Art will surely change the world. As soon as I saw the assignment I got excited. I have felt creatively deprived lately in between tests, homework, reading and classes and absolutely loved having some time to paint and illustrate. I call my master piece the "Dreamer." It is made with watercolor pencils and a pigment marker (two of my favorite media). I felt liberated doing this project. It was fun and exciting! I had to do some brainstorming on what exactly I wanted to do, and the thought hit me: I want to draw a dreamcatcher with phrases making up the foundation of the weave. Dream catchers, sadly enough not real ones but illustrations of them, have always fascinated me. So I figured it was my time to make my own. Enjoy.

3 comments:

  1. I have a dream catcher hanging in my car. I think they're really pretty. I like the look and feel of your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thats awesome that you used writing to make up the dreamcatcher. i didnt catch that when i looked at yours in class but thats really cool.

    ReplyDelete