Posts

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Rock and Roll 5

This to me is by far the hardest assignment we've had.  I know and understand music, but writing good lyrics is hard!

We caused a fire
And we didnt stop until it had burned down to the ground
You threw the match
As we watched the curtains ignite through that fire hatch

The neighbors they fled
The children they rushed to escape from their comfy beds
The water came down
And it drowned and it drowned the fire and your dinner gown


I say, that we might fall through.  You say I'm not right too.


We moved to LA
thought the sun and surf would help take your pain away
That didn't last long
You were quick to go hide just in case that we didn't belong

It didnt help
That I was so tall and so small in the seat belt
You crashed the car
the water came in and it doused both our hope and regret


And I say, that we might fall through.  You say I'm not right too.



So I have no idea what I just wrote.  when I started it was just like a light hearted witty diddy, but now it seems dark and strange and random.  If I had more time i could probably wittify it and throw all sorts of double meanings, but for now, I like it's strangeness.





3 comments:

  1. I like this verse a lot, "We moved to LA
    thought the sun and surf would help take your pain away
    That didn't last long
    You were quick to go hide just in case that we didn't belong"

    steven

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that this song seems to be telling a story, even if it is kinda dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how intense your imagery is. I always mean to start out my songs more light-hearted as well, but they always end up dark and twisted...not sure why. At any rate, I understand where you're coming from and I liked your lyrics!

    ReplyDelete