Posts

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RUT Painting--Laura Coalwell


So really I just started painting random shapes and colors, but I was listening to the Weepies' album "Say I Am You" and loving the music, so I picked one word or idea from each song on the album and painted an object for it.

Here are a few:
The Clock represents the song "Love Doesn't Last Too Long"
The clam is from "Nobody Knows Me at All" ("I don't give a ____, I'm happy as a clam)
That pink thing that looks like a birthday present (but was supposed to be a TV), is from "Not Your Year" where it talks about movies and TV screens.

Anyway, I learned that:
I'm not too much of a visual artist
Painting is very relaxing and therapeutic
Music has yet to fail to inspire me.

It's really hard to paint something sophisticated (or make it look like an adult painted it) when your medium is Crayola washables.




5 comments: