Posts

Monday, October 18, 2010

Rut #7 Cameron Pinegar

I rode the bus from the Wilkinson Center towards my apartment in Orem. My bus ride was somewhat uneventful, I liked just getting on the bus and riding and not thinking about the rules of the road, or hurrying home as fast as I could. The bus gives you time to think and ponder. I like that. I learned that public transportation takes planning, but the benefit of planning your transportation is that you plan the rest of your day too and it's easier to keep a schedule. I miss riding the bus; when I served my mission I rode the bus all the time. It was an adventure everyday. Here is a list of my top three favorite bus incidents on double decker buses in Liverpool:

1. A knife fight broke out on the top deck; everyone sprinted down the stairs telling the driver to stop the bus
2. A man round house kicked a guy in the face who wanted to get on the bus without paying. The driver was trying to pull away but the man wouldn't get off the first step so this guy in the front got up and kicked the man in the face. He fell flat on his back and the driver took off as fast as he could.
3. I got flashed by a 50 year old nasty woman.

5 comments:

  1. haha i wish i could have been there. not for event 3 though

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think number three should definitely be at the top of your list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the double decker buses in england

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now scared to ride the bus anywhere else except near BYU. thank you for sharing your wisdom and experiences

    ReplyDelete