Posts

Monday, October 18, 2010

Rut #7- Kylie Cox

I went to Austin, TX last week and rode the bus to and from EVERYWHERE the entire 4 days I was there. Looking back, I am not sure I have ever ridden the bus that much.. or ever. Subways- yes, busses- rape. Here is a good conversation that my friend and I picked up while on the bus.

Metalhead 1: I was at the original Slayer "South of Heaven Tour" in '89. You haven't experienced music until you have seen Slayer.
Metalhead 2: Slayer is good, but they're no Pantera. Pantera for life, man.
Metalhead 1: Awesome.
Metalhead 2: Awesome.
Metalhead 1: Did you know I met the lead guitarist of Metallica once?
Metalhead 2: I was a roadie for Metallica back in the 80's, well not so much a roadie as I followed them around the country. Metallica rules.
Metalhead 1: Yeah Metallica rules.
Metalhead 2: You rule man. This is my stop. Nice meeting you.
Metalhead 1: You rule too, maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.
Metalhead 2: Totally.
Metalhead 1: Totally.

The best part of this is, what are the odds that two middle-aged metalheads would meet randomly on the bus?  It was fate.

cool. public transportation is still scary. 


bus-go-ers!

6 comments:

  1. Neat...sounds fun! i like the convo you heard

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love meeting random people on buses and trains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just don't appreciate good music

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to have been there for that. You should have jumped in on the conversation. Slayer is music period.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha that is so great you picked up on that convo

    ReplyDelete