Posts

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Rut7 - Marcus Christensen

Sorry, Blogger has been acting weird for me, (I don't know about anyone else) so sorry this is late.



On Friday, I went to go visit a good friend who lives in Murray. I took the Provo "Frontrunner" down over by the new Provo Temple.

It was a good experience and reminded me of other times I've gone on subways and buses elsewhere.

I went with 2 other friends and we all had a great time. It was fun to "people-watch" and see how people reacted. Some brought little families who were giddy and excited to be on a "twain!" while others seemed like it was nothing special.

I noticed how with the public transportation differed greatly from major cities. I've ridden subways in New York, DC, and London (there they're called "tubes") and this was nicer for a couple reasons.

1) it was obviously outside and not underground
2) it didn't smell like sulphur or stink at all
3) people seemed to be more cheerful and talkative. 

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the max station in portland stunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, they really did frontronner pretty well. I guess I'm OK with driving on crappy roads for two years to let them build it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that the front runner is above ground as well. Definitely makes for a safer, cleaner system.

    ReplyDelete