Posts

Monday, March 4, 2013

Rut #7 April Baker

While I've certainly spent plenty of time on the school bus in my younger years and I've even braved the Greyhound a few times to get home, I've only ridden the public bus a handful of times and never by myself, so I have to admit that I was a little hesitant to do so. In general if I have the time I prefer to walk, and on the bus for some reason I feel like I'm more likely to get lost, or end up somewhere I don't want to be. Or maybe it's just that if I do get lost, I'll be farther away than if I had been walking. I don't know.

Anyway, I don't have too much of an adventure to report. I took the bus after class today around 10 from campus to the University Mall. I didn't have any trouble really, just paid with cash and found a seat. It was kind of early so there wern't a whole lot of people, so I didn't meet anyone interesting (which is certainly not the case for when I rode Greyhound. If you ever want a real adventure give it a shot sometime). I got off at the mall, bought some yarn from Michael's,  resisted the urge to buy anything else, (even though I was right next to a farmer's market, a Starbucks, a Barns and Nobel and a Japanese restaurant), and then I just got back on the bus and got off at the stop near my apartment.

So yeah, not too exciting. But, it does prove that I can get somewhere via bus without getting hopelessly lost and the more I use it the less intimidating it seems. Also, I learned that it really isn't worth it to buy a monthly bus pass. Unless you ride the bus 26 times a month or transfer more than once a day it's cheaper to just pay the daily fee.

3 comments:

  1. I've never ridden the greyhound. I should try, it sounds like it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be warned that it also takes forever! It took me 26 hours to take a normally 18 hour car ride.

      Delete
  2. I have never been on a Greyhound bus either. Could be interesting. Uta bus, not so interesting for me either.

    ReplyDelete