Posts

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Finding #9 April Baker

When I was a Sophomore in high school I took a class trip to NYC. As part of the trip we saw Wicked on Broadway and, like a good little LDS girl, I fell in love with it (You have to love Wicked and The Princess Bride right?). While I haven't seen the show more than once, I've listened to the music probably too much since then (in my defense though, the city I'm from is only an hour outside of Seattle aka "The Emerald City," so it would get stuck in my head whenever I'd go there). A Disney animator recently made a brief sketch of what an animated version might be like. I think it looks pretty cool and hopefully, if it gets made it turns out well.

http://vimeo.com/19733014

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty neat. I think Wicked is something that would totally work as a traditionally animated film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen "Wicked" so this only served to confuse me even more about the story. Still, love the idea of it being a movie. Then I can see it without paying $80.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if Wicked the musical would work as a animated film, but the concept would work and I think they would need to cheese the music up a bit more, but it's a cool story board idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with this musical, but I like this! the fact that people can draw like that is amazing

    ReplyDelete