Posts

Monday, March 11, 2013

Rut #7

For some reason my posts usually get drafted and not posted.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.  Enjoy.

Last summer I lived in DC, and then I also served my mission in Detroit and Toronto so I had a lot of opportunity to ride public transportation.  I usually rode the bus, but in D.C. I rode the rails quite a bit.  I will say; however, that the frontrunner is like a bajillion times nicer than any of those!  Seriously so nice!  As I was riding the front runner and thinking back to my previous public transportation experiences I was contemplating the difference between public and private transportation.  The thing that I realized that I liked the most was watching people.  When I'm driving, I dont get the opportunity to just look around and watch people. On the bus, when you are stopping on every street, you get the opportunity to see all sorts of people around town.  Some of the funniest experiences I had my whole mission happened on the bus, and if I was in a car I wouldnt have had those memorable experiences.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a lot of public transportation but none in DC. And I love people watching. :)

    ReplyDelete