Posts

Friday, March 8, 2013

Rut #7- Brittan Weber

                This was a hard assignment for me to do....Utah lacks public transportation. This week I have had to drive to Draper three days in a row....no public transportation goes near there. So I spent a lot of time in my car and didn't find time to go ride the bus or train to somewhere I didn't need to go. But, I decided to change up my transportation by walking to work, its a 25 minute walk which really is not bad but I usually drive. It was really pleasant to see things I don't usually get to see, and instead of putting my earphones in my ears and listened to the sounds around me. It was a refreshing change of scenery and a nice way to get some extra fresh air.
                As for public transportation, I usually love it in cities/places where it actually exists and takes you where you need to go. When I have visited New York City in the past the subway was my favorite place because I encountered the most interesting things and people. Also, I lived in Madrid for a semester abroad and relied heavily on public transportation, the train rides to the city became my favorite time to just relax, think and look out the window. Recently, I was in San Francisco and got to take the cable car a couple of times to go down to the pier. They should install cable cars in Provo! hahah That would be hilarious and I would be more inclined to use the public transportation. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why, but always feel like I get more fresh air when I take out my ear phones. I think, like you said, it helps you be more in tune with nature and your surroundings and heightens your senses.

    ReplyDelete