Posts

Sunday, January 24, 2016

New Food- Emma Reece



So you know when you have your favorite restaurant in a certain section of town and when you go to that section you only end up going to that one place? I have had a bad case of that with Firehouse subs. There are plenty of other restaurants near firehouse subs in provo but when I go down bulldog I only go to Firehouse. But every time I go to firehouse I see Mooyah and think that might be a good place to try. I actually got endorsements for Mooyah from all my friends and they said it was a good place. So I finally took the plunge this past Saturday and went and this was my experience.

I walked in and was met by a lengthy line. I thought to myself "man, these burgers must be something if this line is on Chipotle level." So me and my husband waited as the line inched forward. The person at the register was nice enough and I was able to "build my own burger." I got fried onion rings, sautéed mushrooms, lettuce, and their special Mooyah sauce on my cheese burger. My husband got a burger as well and we split medium fries. I give you all this detail because we had to pay around $18 for this. To me that is a little pricey for a burger. Then we got a ticket and waited some more for the burger.

Once my name was called I went up there grabbed our burgers and sat  down. There was a greasy film on the trays and on the table but I digress. When I bit into the burger I enjoyed it and it tasted pretty good. It wasn't the best burger but it give it 3 stars. Overall I wasn't super impressed but It was good to get out of my comfort zone with food. Usually I cycle through the same 5 restaurants if I am going out. However my experience was not good enough to put this in the rotation.

2 comments:

  1. Dude I had the same thoughts when I tried Mooyah after someone recommended it. It was alright but way too juicy/greasy for my taste. I did like the shake that we got though, so we went back once just for that. As for the burgers I just stick with in n out since there's are way cheaper and better tasting. Good luck on finding more restaurants to frequent though. Pizza Studio is pretty cool if you haven't tried that one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so bad at getting out of my comfort zone when it comes to food. I grew up being so, so picky, and only recently have let myself get out of that. Good job tearing yourself away from what you usually do!

    ReplyDelete