Posts

Monday, March 17, 2014

Find It - Garry Winogrand

I got introduced to photographer Garry Winogrand's work just last Thursday during an assignment for VASTU 101, so naturally, this video and accompanying article caught my eye this morning.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/03/16/behind-the-scenes-garry-winogrand-at-work?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_0

Street photography (though Winogrand himself hated the term) has always terrified me a little as an amateur photographer, so I've never really gotten into it. It's even illegal in a few places, so I might even be justified. Still, there's great stories outside where people are found, and if you're willing to chase it down and look like a bit of an oddball, you can get great pictures while everyone else gets the same, boring, predictable postcard shots.

1 comment:

  1. I like this guy because his photography shows how life really is not the over commercialized way that we are taught it should be.

    ReplyDelete