Posts

Monday, February 15, 2016

Pupusas: great and also not "Poopoo"sas.

I have heard nonstop about these fangled "pupusa" things from El Salvador, mostly that they are amazing and also cheap (woohoo!).
I tried to make my El Salvadorian food experience as authentic as possible.  I ordered one pupusa with beans and cheese, and the other with cheese and some weird flower (the name escapes me).  I also ordered a tamarindo drink.
My waitress was pregnant and I think I asked her too many personal questions.
Anywho, the pupusas were great.  Especially since they were only $1.60 each.  The one with beans in it was good because beans rock, but the one with the weird flower in it was my favorite I think.  That, as well as the tamarindo drink had such a weird flavor that I have never tasted before.  Tamarindo was super sweet, but I would drink it again.  Also, did I mention that I liked that weird flower?  That was my favorite part.
10/10 would eat again.

2 comments:

  1. Pupas are great! I saw President Worthen at MexSal yesterday– I'm pretty sure that's what he ordered. Tamarindo is very sweet! Did you try it in a bottle, fountain drink or was it something they made on site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. loroco is the flower lol. HA yeah Pupusas are bomb and so flippin cheap, I mean a date where you get pupusas I've never spent over 20 bucks.

    ReplyDelete