Posts

Monday, March 7, 2016

Wings of Desire: a two-hour experience that should have been maybe not two hours? Kinda????

Okay, I want to start out by saying I TRIED.  I love film, I love art, and I love being more cultured just as much as the next guy.  THIS was one of the first films I have ever truly struggled with.  I will say, the more I stuck around and understood what was going on, the more I started to enjoy to the film and relate to it.  THE FIRST HOUR AND A HALF WERE BEAUTIFULLY SHOT BUT I DIDN'T RELATE AT ALL.  It was so confusing!  I was trying so hard to understand it, but I just simply couldn't.  I wanted to understand it to say that I did but I did not. In the end, I think I got that the one guy fell in love and that's why he got to be a real-life person that can bleed and kiss girls.  The Trapeze chick was hardcore, I really liked her hair.  It helped me appreciate film in some... way... I think I'm good though in terms of seeing that ever again.  It stressed me out just being in the theatre for two hours because I wanted things to happen and they wouldn't.  It was as boring as life itself.  Like watching another life where in real-time that was so terribly boring.  I wish I would have been able to better understand the character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment