Posts

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Rut...ROCK N ROLL!

So honestly...this has been my favorite rut assignment so far. I really enjoyed coming up with creative words and ways to describe something. This song is based off of a book called the scorch trials. I really have no idea how I came up with the idea but it just started happening and I tweaked it and worked with it and came up with a song story. I learned that I really do like writing and if I could apply to both art direction and copy, I would. I really liked this because it made me think of how can I make rhyming sentences and words work together to tell a story about a book. It definitely got my creative juices flowing. Enjoy!



Rock and Roll Fantasies.

THE SCORCH.
(Verse  1)
My life is a constant entrapment of lies that twist and tangle and beguile.
I cringe in the blaze and wonder and ponder if my life is really worthwhile.
(MUSIC SCORE)
It often may seem in this world that we live like you’re nothing but just getting old.
There are kids in the world that work very hard and for pennies and nickels are sold.

Chorus:
Life is a game
Life isn’t fair
Life isn’t true
When you’ve got the flare.
But I’m gonna die
Please don’t get near
The people that rule.
Put things in your ear.


The cranks and the shanks who will tear you apart are the ones that we all must avoid.
Don’t trust the women who’ll stab you in the back and make sure your life is destroyed.
(MUSIC SCORE)
The voice in my head tells me I used to be kind and I signed up for this years before.
“Wicked is good” and inked on my neck “That I must be killed by group 4.”

(CHORUS)

(BRIDGE)
The cure does exist, or so they say.
But were smart and immune and must always obey
“Take it out!” I proclaim, “Take it out right away!”
I will not be molded like some piece of clay.


(CHORUS)

No comments:

Post a Comment