Posts

Monday, March 2, 2015

Rut Exercise #6

How did you feel as you were doing this project? How did you choose the subject matter of your painting?

I wanted to make something that involved precision. I decided that I would take painters tape to create the lines and the main triangle in the middle. 
I felt like I was in High School again working on a piece for class. It felt kind of nostalgic. 
I was painting a GEOLOGY art work. The different lines represent different layers of rock and then the blue and orange paint represents the fault lines. The black, yellow, purple, and green lines are all old rock layers and the orange and blue lines are newer rock formations that have cut through the old layers of rocks. I call this piece "When We Were Young." 

ENJOY!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment