Posts

Monday, March 2, 2015

Rut #6 Art

How did you feel as you were doing this project? How did you choose the subject matter of your painting?

It felt freeing. I can't believe I've waited this long to explore watercolor. Of course there's been the typical exposure to it in elementary school-- but this is different and new. It's a vastly differently medium than say crayons or markers. I felt like my imagination kind of expanded right then and there as I mixed primary colors to make new magnificent ones. There didn't seem to be enough room on the cardboard for my next invention of hue. 

I felt resentment, that I don't get out much. I regretted my confinement to the same two or three blocks that I walk or run on a daily basis, and longed to be out in the open more. When that does happen, few things compare with nature's proximity. I gush when I catch a glimpse of a few stars here at night! 

I chose it because my favorite color happens to be orange. It just was kind of how the painting started--- with the top layer, that proved to be a sunset I'd hope to see when finding myself alone. Pretty soon the landscape followed suit, until eventually my favorite part--- the meadow flowers. I used the bottom of my paintbrush, the handle, for the small weed-like effect. 

Anyway, I plan on trekking out there really soon. Come with? Haha, I really enjoyed the project and hope to employ water color more frequently for personal pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment