Posts

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Food rut Ben Eskelsen

SO when it comes down to eating, I am really a creature of hait. I will often go to the same restaurants and order similar things and I won't really think twice about it. I am also a person with a very large appetite so that also limits my culinary choices as well. SO I decided to make a big difference and go to bangkok palace and get Indian food with some friends. Now my friends loved this place and I had alwasy been a little hesitant because I never knew what to expect form Indian food.(it's also super expensive which is also something I tend to stay away from) So I ordered something with chicken in it( the names I think are actually in Indian so I can't even remember what it was called) and I got my na'an and I just went to town on it. It was actually very good, It was spicy(which I love) and it had flavors I never really experienced before. I would really consider going again, unfortunately the price is a huge deterrent for me, but maybe on special occasions its something I would consider it. The thing is just in the end it is not worth it to me to have soemthing different when I can get something of similar quality for a much cheaper price. Ha I'm basically justifying my rut but in the end that is what creates ruts. You do what your comfortable with and in the end I'm just not comfortable with regularly spedning 18 dollars on a meal.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of Indian Cuisine. So much flavor, but it drains your bank account. It's really an addiction though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also do not like to adventure out of my comfort zone. It was most likely chicken tiki masala. It is a very good intro to indian food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your experience. Maybe if I am feeling ritzy and want to impress a girl I will go to Bangkok Palace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm I love na'an bread. My mom used to make it at home, with her own curry. Super delicious and freeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indian food is something pretty new to me too and I was also surprised by how much I liked it. Definitely more expensive than some places though, but I don't eat a ton so I usually go for quality over quantity anyways

    ReplyDelete