Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Rut #3: Trying a Food You've Never Had Before

Yesterday, I decided to try Kimchi Stew. Kimchi, I believe is an acquired taste. It is kind of sour, has an odd crunchy texture and the smell is less that appetizing.

Having it in a (very) spicy stew with pork and rice was a new experience, which I enjoyed. The flavors  played well on each other, and on a cold night (I know that's relative) it was soothing.

Unfortunately, it made me quite sick. I might be down to try it again from another restaurant.





[I can't tell you the name of the restaurant, because I got food poisoning and I don't want to ruin it for anyone.]

4 comments:

  1. Hahah food poisoning is the worst! But really, you should tell us what restaurant it is so that I steer clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah food poisoning is the worst! But really, you should tell us what restaurant it is so that I steer clear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that sucks. Though, in its current form, it couldn't look much different than it did then. I think the added spice factor would help if I were to try it. From all I've heard about kimchi, I think a numbing spice would make it bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Spencer. I've never had the desire to try kimchi just because I've never heard of people really loving it.... like ever. You have to divulge the name of the restaurant that you ate at though! Me and my wife have Korean food/Asian food a lot, and we've had some bad experiences (food poisoning wise) so we want to really look out haha

    ReplyDelete