Posts

Monday, February 15, 2016

New Food: JELLYFISH



So I've tried a lot of things in my life. I'm not particularly scared to try new things, but when I saw Jellyfish at the Asian Market I desperately searched for alternatives.
Well, there weren't any other options that seemed appealing. So I gave it a try.

I threw it on the frying pan and it immediately smelt like urine... That's a great start. I coated it with sesame seeds and soy sauce, but the smell remained.

It was like eating rubber.... that tasted like the smell of urine. So, rubbery urine. Yeah. I'll take a double double animal style from In-n-Out please. Thank you.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds similar to my tiny octopus experience. Urine is probably worse than the flavor of soy sauce-marinated octopus but the texture seems like it was comparable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way gross. Weird things in the ocean are already pretty sick, but weird things in the ocean that smell like pee and are about to go in your mouth.. way worse. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never even thought of jellyfish as being edible

    ReplyDelete