Posts

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Rut #3 - Coconut Tofu

For my rut assignment I decided to go to Bombay House. Everyone I've talked to absolutely raves about it, (especially Professor Cutri) and even though I've been to India, I've never had true curry (before you attack me - we were in a poor part of India - so we ate rice and veggies every meal). When I got to Bombay House, I decided that I needed to get something a little more extreme since everyone's had Bombay House and it doesn't seem really out of the box. I saw Tofu on the menu and decided to order that, since I've also never had tofu. Here's the lowdown - I love India. But something about their food is just not my thing. It's neither good nor bad to me. It's just food in my mouth. (If you can call tofu food.. what even is tofu?) It was an interesting experience because I'm a pretty black or white person - and yet I was completely neutral with this food. (It probably didn't help that India food is orange.. and orange is the worst.) I wouldn't choose to have it again, but I wouldn't refuse it if someone brought it to me. Kind of a revolutionary experience for a very opinionated person. It was also a revolutionary experience to see Professor Cutri there at Bombay House - so funny!

2 comments:

  1. So, I'd say before you decide that Indian food isn't for you, get one of their ordinary things. I got this indian chicken dish from an indian place and it was super good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree whole heartedly with Ben. (but also I just hate tofu) You have to go back to Bombay house and get the "chicken tiki masala." Me and my wife love it so much, we save up enough money to get it at least once a month if we can. It's never a let down! it's a little more traditional and extremely flavorful!

    ReplyDelete