Posts

Monday, February 8, 2016

New Food

On Friday I tried turron which is a Peruvian dessert. Basically, the dessert consists of thick graham-crackery like substance which is held together with a lot of honey. On the top there was a a white frosting layer and sprinkles (maybe Peruvians like sprinkles).
Overall I thought the turron was bland and the sprinkles diminished from the general taste and texture of the pastry. The dessert was filling which made it all the worse, because not only did it fill me up quickly but it ensured that I wasn't hungry for any other tastier desserts. Now I know not to eat turron.

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when I try something new, go on a limb, and hate it. Especially when you have to buy it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up, now I know not to eat turron to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will not eat that now. I think I'll stick to American food like tacos and pizza. I might start a progressive power metal band and use Turron as our band name, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot worse Peruvian foods to eat. Like Hamster... which comes with hair still on it. Also Spencer I agree with the band name. But Jared way to try something new! At least now you know if you have to eat turron again you will be full!

    ReplyDelete