Posts

Monday, February 8, 2016

Food Rut - Spencer

This weekend I decided to "spice" things up by going to a "hot" new restaurant and ordering something "good". I'm not sure that last quote was necessary, but groups of threes are nice. Also, it may have sounded sarcastic, but it really was "good". Gosh, I really have to stop doing that...

Anywho, I went to Iggy's with my beautiful wife and decided to try a couple of things there. She got a calzone and I got a jalapeno burger with cajun fries. Boy, that meal was HOT! Ooooh doggy! Luckily I have grown somewhat immune to spicy things over the years, but even so, I drank 4 or 5 glasses of water before the meal was through.

It was kind of an average burger, but they added some ingredients that really made the burger different. It had a spicy jalapeno aioli, fried onion rings, and a whole pepper on top of the patty. It was fun and I enjoyed trying something new. Iggy's is one of those places that has a menu that goes on for days, so I look forward to going back and trying new things more often.

3 comments:

  1. Even though I wasn't there, I can tell the burger was HOT. I will make sure to stay clear of that burger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious. I typically don't eat jalapenos so maybe I should give it a shot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spicy is always my go-to so I love it when new people are brought into the fold. You've just got to keep eating spicy foods so you build up a tolerance. After that you'll be hooked!

    ReplyDelete