Posts

Monday, February 15, 2016

New food: Tiny octopus, big (disgusting) taste- Tess Berrett

My husband and I searched Smiths until we came across the refrigerated sushi section by the bakery stuff and spotted the perfect food to get my out of my rut: tiny octopus "salad". Yes, it tastes just about as good as it sounds and looks. I put off eating it for as long as I could, but today I knew I had to get it over with. Luckily for me, each octopus is pretty dang small and they've been marinating in soy sauce for a while so the flavor of the actual octopus is overpowered by that. It definitely had a fishy aftertaste which I did not enjoy (I hate seafood), but that wasn't the worst part. The texture, as you can imagine, was highly unpleasant. It's chewy, squishy, crunchy, and slimy, all at the same time. So yeah. Gross. I won't be trying any more octopus anytime soon, but now I can say I've eaten a tiny one, so that's cool I guess. Let's hope this gets me out of some sort of rut!




Here's the video if you want to watch.



1 comment:

  1. That's DISGUSTING! You win the gold medal for worst food choice. I can't believe you got yourself to eat that! I've had octopus at like high-end restaurants when I was on my mission but even then, soaked in sauce and butter - it was still TERRIBLE!

    ReplyDelete