Posts

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

RUT: Painting- Summer Holm

After collecting a hundred types of art supplies and even taking a trip to DI I got home, spread it all out and was sure to make a huge mess and production. I believe clutter and chaos are ok as long as it is going towards the greater good. I decided I wanted something bright and I wanted to mix elements of my childhood, my present (im not going to say adulthood because I will never be one) and my future. I also love when quotes are mixed in with art. And I also love cupcakes. So using three types of paint (ps Im not a fan of Oil…) and a style that is caught between Dr. Seuss and child coloring books I took to a blank canvas. I learned from this experience that im not down with just holding a brush and painting what I feel. I like to strategize and really create something that will make me take a deep breath, or make me feel lighter or happier. Someday I can’t wait to fill the walls and halls of my home with art that summons wonder and imagination! This by far was my favorite RUT yet, I loved looking down and seeing my hands covered in paint!


My camera decided it didn’t want to work today, so I will bring my finished product to class.

3 comments:

  1. anyone who's a fan of DI, i am a fan of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked your painting! Your style is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when my hands are covered in paint. Its the best.

    ReplyDelete