Posts

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Abby Young: Rut 5


Here is my depressing song. After several attempts at a humorous lymrick, I realized that emo monologues come more naturally to me. I guess I do wear black a lot.

Look at me
Looming decisions won’t let me be free
Look at you
You know what you want and you know what to do

The wind blows my hair til it swallows my face
My footing gets shaky and my heart starts to race
A voice calls my name and begs me to follow
I try to take steps but my bones feel so hollow

Look at me
I’m crippled with anxiety
Look at you.
Your confidence shatters my weary world view

You see your end goal at the top of the peak
Without hesitation, you move your small feet
Up the switchbacks and steep cliffs of your life
You waltz right through without any strife

Look at me
I don’t know who I want to be
Look at you
Your aspirations are something you always knew

2 comments: